LGBT Wellness worldwide conferences is the first of its kind to specifically help individuals within the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning (LGBTQ) communities and our supporters to:
- live a healthier, happier, well-balanced life
- overcome emotional, mental and health obstacles
- develop meaningful lesbian, gay, trans, bi, and queer/questioning relationships
- understand and explore nutrition and healthy lifestyle options
- awaken spiritually
- assist individuals to increase their maximum potential
A New Nonprofit Organization
LGBT Wellness Foundation a not-for-profit organization committed to serving the needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Founded in 2011 by Lisa Moore, D.D., its Executive Director, was launched in 2012. It is legally structured as a privately held 501c (3) Corporation in the state of Arizona.
The management team, with the support of its Board of Directors and Advisory Board, possesses the skills, talents, training and education required to make the Foundation an effective force for the empowerment of LGBT community members and social change.
LGBT Wellness Foundation provides resources and education for healing mind, body, and spirit within the global LGBT community and its supporters.
The LGBT Educational Need
According to the 2011 research report of the Institute of Medicines of the National Academies, the four LGBT communities have separate concerns yet overall share serious health-related issues. These include low rates of self-esteem and relationship success, and high rates of depression/anxiety/suicide, HIV/AIDS/STD, substance abuse/addiction rates, victimization/violence, obesity and homelessness.
These issues show an immediate and important need for the Foundation, it’s mission, intervention and support.
Priority Programs & Services
The Foundation will provide educational and outreach programs to better support and serve the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, and their family and friends who love them.
These are the Foundation’s three high-priority programs:
- Educational workshops and conferences for a balanced, healthy and happy life, $20,000.
- School Orientations on Alternative Lifestyles. Launch funds requested, $10,000.
- Radio Show. Launch funds requested, $10,000.
- TV Show. Launch funds requested, $250,000.
This Foundation’s business plan contains detailed financial projections and explanations of how the projections were compiled. The financial projections were compiled based on the assumption that the requested funding will be received in its entirety prior to commencing business.
These are the goals that are deemed reasonable for the projected period:
- Revenues will grow annually.
- Net surplus will be achieved.
- Positive annual cash flow from normal operations will be achieved.
- A continuous positive cash position will be maintained.
- The Foundation’s programs will positively affect the community and service users.
LGBT Wellness’s launch and achievement of its financial goals require the funding of a capital injection and are based on obtaining the funding being requested. The proposed uses of the requested funds include:
- $30,000 for office furniture, machinery, computers and software.
- $40,000 for website development and search engine optimization.
- $10,000 for leasehold improvements.
- $3,000 for other current assets.
- $33,500 for start-up expenses.
- $583,000 for working capital.
- $659,500 total funding required and requested.
Upon request, the LGBT Wellness Business Plan will be provided.
Launch funds requested, $30,000.